Wednesday, November 24, 2010

-43: Lauttasaari


Went out for a walk while waiting for the Finnish Museum of Photography to open. Stayed at my father-in-laws sister's place in Lauttasaari. I've stayed there a couple of times a year for I don't know how many years, and I've always felt like going for a walk to the seashore, but never actually went. This time, however I did, since the family was back home, and I was a free man. As free as the birds in the sky. Like the ones above. I think it implies the sea somehow, even though it's not even visible.
I'm quite partial to the 1:1-crop in the camera, I set-upped (is it a word even?)  it so that when I turn the dial to C1, it automatically selects the square crop, ISO1000 for a nice, big grain, B/W mode with tweaks to the contrast and sharpness. Save to RAW and a small JPG.

A MASSIVE retrospective for Pentti Sammallahti at the Museum, I believe well over 350 pictures on show, and all of them excellent, if not the images, then the absolutely flawless printing.
Everyone should go and see this at least once, preferably twice.

No comments: